People with IBS usually feel limited in what they can eat, often making the same “safe” meals over and over again in an effort to reduce their symptoms. But having IBS should not stop you from trying delicious new foods! Foods high in protein do not irritate the digestive system as much, causing less constipation and diarrhea. They also help you feel fuller longer and are great to eat before and after exercising. This protein packed fruit smoothie is an easy and healthy snack to try!
● 1 large banana, frozen
● ½ cup of blueberries, fresh
● ½ cup of strawberries fresh)
● ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
● 1 tablespoon of almond butter
● 1 tbsp flax seeds
● 1 cup of spinach (lightly packed)
● 1 cup lactose free milk or a milk alternative
Place all ingredients in a blender and combine until smooth. Enjoy!